We all have times in our lives when the light bulb goes off and feel we have learned a valuable lesson. It seems I have had a lot of those moments in the last year. So many so, I have started my own list. It is interesting (and maybe sad) that many of the "simple" observations below took me almost 50 years to learn. In the hopes that someone else may learn from them, I am sharing.
My Rules for Living in the Light
1. Accept that I will never get "there"
2. Don't be afraid to change directions (often)
3. Small steps often allow for the biggest progress
4. Grow everyday
5. What I am most afraid of I need to move toward
6. Believe in myself always
7. Operate from the positive
8. Remember that life is a journey and meant to be enjoyed
9. Reframe when necessary
10. Open hearts lead to open minds
11. It isn't a weakness to ask for help
12. Worry is a complete waste of time
13. I am the only thing I can really control
14. Never doubt my gut
15. Saying no is freeing
16. Time for myself is necessary, not selfish
Question of the Week #47 / Have You Started Your Own List of Rules To Live By?
Sometimes I learn best through others, so I'd be honored if you shared some things that you have learned in the comments. Perhaps I can even add them to my own list.
I am thankful for each and every reader of this blog. Happy Thanksgiving.